SD83 Kindergarten Registration 2021-22
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your child to North Okanagan School District No. 83! Due to COVID-19, there are some changes to the Kindergarten registration process this year:
1. Kindergarten registration will open at 9am on Tuesday, October 13th and remain open for the rest of the school year.
2. You may choose to register in-person at the school or online.
3. Registering in-person: Please phone the school and make an appointment to come in and complete the paperwork, as only one family at a time can be in the school office area.
4. Registering online: Please email the school to request the online registration link.
5. You will need to register at your child’s catchment school (based on your physical address) or specialty school (Bastion – Early French Immersion or South Canoe – Outdoor Learning). To access our catchment school locator tool or find out more information about our specialty schools, Click Here.
6. Any parents/caregivers requesting a cross-boundary consideration will need to follow these steps:
a. Register at their catchment school (in-person or online)
b. Complete a cross boundary request form
c. Have the form signed by the catchment school’s principal
d. Take the form to the principal of the requested school (for cross-boundary consideration in the spring)
7. All Kindergarten registrations completed on Tuesday, October 13th are treated as “equal”, so there is no need for line-ups on that day. Registrations received after October 13th, will be date/time stamped and treated on a first come, first served basis. This information will be used to determine placement IF catchment area schools or programs are full. Students with siblings already registered in a Program of Choice (French Immersion or Outdoor Learning) will be given priority if there is limited space.
If you have any questions about the Kindergarten registration process, please contact: Jennifer Findlay, District Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org