We’re excited to have our Kindies join us this fall! Parents, by now you should have received a letter from your Kindergarten Teacher explaining the graduated entry schedule. If you have not, or have further questions, please call our office at (250) 832-2167. Kindergarten students do not begin on Sept. 7, but have a schedule that begins on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
We have something kind of fun for students in the hallway at South Broadview. A sensory pathway! Why walk when you can hop, shuffle and jump your way?
Good afternoon, I know that as the fall season approaches, there are several questions around the restrictions we have heard about in the news, and how it will all apply to schools. At the district level, we are working on the information communicated to develop a plan for the schools, as well as awaiting further information that will be coming to us next week specifically for our area. As soon as we have something to share, it will be posted here on our website. Thanks for your patience.
We’re excited to see our amazing South Broadview students return to school! The sun is shining, the air is clear, and we’re almost ready to roll!
The school office opens up on Monday Aug. 30, and new student registration begins Tuesday Aug. 31. Students in K-5 will gather in grade alike groups on Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 8:15. Just look for the appropriate Grade markers on the lawn by the playground. Students will be in these grade alike groups for the first day or two, and specific classroom assignments will be send out via email to parents.
Stay tuned here for information on masking requirements, etc. As we receive info it will be posted on our website.
Enjoy the last two weeks. Can’t wait to see you!
As spring approaches it is common to see wildlife in the Salmon Arm area. Over the past week or so there have been reports of a cougar in the Little Mountain area. Bear and Cougar attacks are uncommon, however, it is important that we take precautions and be prepared if we come across a wild animal.
Please take some time to talk to your children about precautions to take when playing in your neighborhood and walking back and forth to school. Below are some basic safety guidlines. For more information please visit the following the Wildsafe BC website at https://wildsafebc.com/.
- Walk in groups of 3 or more and make lots of noise.
- If you carry food, it should be sealed up in your lunch kit and backpack.
- Be alert, look around.
- Use sidewalks along the road instead of shortcuts through forest or shrubby areas.
- If you do see a bear/cougar, keep calm, make yourself looks as large as possible, back away slowly, speak in a loud low voice if the animal continues to approach.
- If it is a bear you should avoid eye contact. If it is a cougar you should maintain eye contact.
- Please report any wild animal sightings to the school.
- Do not walk alone.
- Do not run away. Sudden movements may provoke an attack.
- Do not carry or eat food on the way home.
- Do not approach a bear, cougar or other wild animal, and do not leave out food for it.
Thanks for your help and support.