New student registration will take place on Tuesday Aug 28 from 8:15 am-2:00 pm. Please bring a Birth Certificate, Care Card and Proof of Residency (ie. a document, bill or envelope with your name and address on it) when registering your student. If you cannot make it in to register on Tuesday, Aug 28, please call the office to set up an appointment with Mr. Weeks or with Patty, our secretary at 250 832 2167.
The Shuswap Outdoor Learning Foundation is putting on their Shuswap Wild Wonders camps for the 7th summer this year! These camps aim to create meaningful connections to nature through a variety of sensory awareness activities, team-building and leadership games and outdoor experiences on some of the most beautiful trails in the Shuswap. Their instructor team is led by experienced outdoor educators who are Indigenous educators, teachers, biologists and artists. This organization partners each year with our school district in an effort to get students connected with the outdoors.
DPAC would like to remind you to invite parents and students in this School District to join us in a conversation about “Substance Use and Your Youth”.
Topics to be discussed are:
- What are the substance use issues in our SD83 communities?
- What are the drugs our teens are using?
- What will happen when pot is legalized?
- What can parents do?
- Community services/supports.
- Where: SD83 District Education Support Centre, 341 Shuswap Street SW, Salmon Arm.
- When: Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 @ 6:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- We have invited presenters from SD#83, Interior Health and RCMP to help us improve our understanding.
Please see information from Peter Jory regarding potential flood watch and transportation